We sincerely hope that you are all in good health. The whole world has been through a lot over the last few months and we are all looking forward to settling into a new routine. We look forward to seeing you all as we have missed you over the last few months.
Infection control is a top priority and something that we pride ourselves on as we have always strictly adhered to the recommendations made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and Ontario Public Health’s Infection Prevention and Control.
As we continue with our dedication to the safety and comfort of our patients and team members, we would like to highlight some changes that you will notice when it is time for your next appointment:
- We will communicate with you beforehand to ask you some health screening questions. You will be asked the same screening questions again when you are entering the office.
- You will be asked to check in from car by calling us at 416 255 1566 to let us know that you have arrived. We will let you know when it is time to come up to enter the office. (If this is not possible for you to do so then we will make specific arrangements with you beforehand).
- We will take your temperature as you enter the office.
- You will see that plexiglass droplet barriers have been installed at the reception desk.
- We will ask you to perform hand hygiene (using hand sanitizer) as you enter the office.
- All of our staff will be wearing extra personal protective equipment so they will “look” a little different :).
- The reception seating area will be largely closed, so we ask that you come alone except for young children. (If this is not possible we will make specific arrangements with you beforehand).
- The magazines, books and toys have been removed from our waiting room.
- Once seated in the dental chair we will ask you to rinse your mouth with 1% hydrogen peroxide.
- Once the procedure begins, the typical care, gentleness and dedication to perfection that you have come to expect from our office and staff will be there for you 🙂
- We are using true-HEPA air filtration units in each treatment room and common areas to purify the ambient air that is being circulated. These units are capable of removing particles smaller than COVID-19 viruses.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Clinical areas and equipment will be disinfected and sterilized according to the stringent guidelines that we have always adhered to
- To optimize your in office appointment, payment arrangements will be made in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- We will continue to send claims to insurance providers on your behalf and email you receipts to reduce paper leaving the office.
- As we endeavour to accommodate patients that have been cancelled during the office closure and those experiencing dental emergencies, we must hear from you to confirm your appointment within 48 hours prior to your appointment or your appointment will be offered to someone else.
Evening deep clean
- Non clinical areas will be frequently sanitized throughout the day on a scheduled basis.
- There will be scheduled “fogging” of all clinical and common areas that will be carried out to disinfect and sterilize hard to reach areas.
- As our governing bodies continue to update us we will pass on the information to all our patients. We expect a gradual return to normal proceedings over the next few weeks.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have and we are genuinely as eager to see you as you are to see us!